Guidance and Counseling:
906-813-0614, ext. 120
Free resources focused on college and career access
This site provides families the right tools to put a plan for college in place. The College Planning Toolbox is a suite of free tools, calculators and resources to help students and families navigate their way through every phase of saving, planning & paying for college.
College Planning Calculator
The attached link reviews and lists scholarship opportunities for students
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship
For more information and application: GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship
Deadline: January 4, 2018
MHSAA Scholar Athlete Award
Four Eligibility Requirements for Entering the Scholar-Athlete Award Contest:
1. Enrollment – Student must be enrolled and participating in interscholastic athletics at an MHSAA member school.
2. Senior Status – Student must be a senior graduating during the 2017-18 school year.
3. Varsity Letter – Student must have prior to senior year won a varsity letter in a sport in which the MHSAA sponsors a post-season tournament. The list of sponsored sports include: baseball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls bowling, girls competitive cheer, boys and girls cross country, football, boys and girls golf, girls gymnastics, ice hockey, boys and girls lacrosse, boys and girls soccer, softball, boys and girls skiing, boys and girls swimming and diving, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls track and field, girls volleyball, and wrestling.
4. 3.50 GPA – Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. You may not round up a 3.4x grade point average for the purposes of qualifying.
Students applying should consider this :
**The essay and short answer questions are very important. Your student may be a four-time MHSAA champion with a 4.0 GPA, but if the student does not write a good and interesting essay he or she will not win. In addition, have your students work with an English teacher to proof the essay; it never hurts to have more eyeballs look at the app before submission.**
Due: November 17, 2017
For more information and application: MEA Scholarship
Deadline: February 22, 2018
For more information on many scholarship opportunities, click here
For more information and application: Elk’s Scholarship
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Transcripts and Grades:
To request a transcript for college, career, or personal purposes, please
call or mail a request containing the following information:
– Full Name
– Year Graduated
– Name and address of where to sent the transcript
ACT and SAT Test Dates:
– Dual Enrollment
If you are interested in Dual Enrollment, please contact Ms. Lancioni.